Sunday Best - Favorite Photo of the Week #1

What a beautiful week it was . . . not quite fall, but past the hot and dry days of summer.  I got some canning done, the flower beds weeded, and had some fun in the yard with the Chickie-babes.  Here are some photos of the fun I had with Ruby Red and Aussie Umbra.


Gooood Mooorrrrning!

Uhhh . . . Sneakin up on ya!
Not to worry
On her way . . . no foul play

So happy to be part of "Your Sunday Best" at "A Rural Journey."
Co-hosted this week by "Black Fox Homestead." 
Thanks for inviting me to be a part.


Visit Maple Grove on Facebook

15 comments:

  1. Beautiful chickens and a lovely green area for them to frolic and forage. :)

    Thanks so much for sharing at Your Sunday Best this week, Katie. xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome Nancy. I'm so glad to find your blog and be part of it. You have a wonderful site.

      Delete
  2. Great shots! I've done a couple of rooster watercolors in the past, so really appreciate them. Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh how nice! Roosters are such an interesting subject. I have a couple of water color paintings that my late uncle painted. I love them. Thank you so much for commenting. God bless you too!

      Delete
  3. Beautiful chickens! They have a lovely area to roam in.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes they do. They seem to enjoy it, and I love watching them. Thank you!

      Delete
  4. Hi Katie! Your chickens are beautiful. We're planning on starting our little flock next spring and I can't wait. :) Thank you so much for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh you must be so excited! You're going to love it!

      Delete
  5. Chickens are such characters... love that first shot... :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha ... they sure are, aren't they? I don't remember what we did for entertainment pre-chickens!

      Delete
  6. Replies
    1. Thank you Lori. Chickens seem to provide an endless source of picture-taking opportunities.

      Delete