A Refreshing and Healthy Smoothie Drink


This smoothie drink is super delicious and nutritious.  A dear friend gave me the recipe recently, and I've been enjoying this healthy drink every day since . . . just in time for the warmer weather!  It is so easy and you can always have the ingredients on hand.  Here's how I make it in my single-serve blender:



Pour 1 C. skim milk into the blender (or almond milk or coconut milk)
Add 1 handful of fresh spinach leaves (you can store spinach leaves for smoothies in the freezer)
Sprinkle with approximately 1/4 t. ground ginger and 1/2 t.  ground cinnamon (you'll adjust how much of the spices to sprinkle after you've tried it a few times)
Add 1 T. honey
Add a handful each of frozen strawberries, blueberries and raspberries.
(You could also add 1/2 banana and/or some yogurt. I haven't tried that yet.  You can really experiment with what you like or have on hand.)
Blend until smooth. Drink, enjoy, and be healthy!


I have a Hamilton Beach Personal Blender. It blends quickly and smoothly. The container can be removed from the base and used as a glass. It even has a tapered travel shape and sipping lid.



If you would like to print out this recipe, click on the print button below. When the window opens, you can click on a box at the top to remove images.

I received the original recipe for this smoothie from my friend Becky at Thoughts from a Daughter of a King.

Visit Maple Grove on Facebook and Pinterest.



3 comments:

  1. That is a great little blender, Katie. So glad you are enjoying the smoothie!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds yummy! We like smoothies. Just never got the gang to accept the greens in them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I keep thinking I will like smoothies some day - but I still don't! It must be a texture thing with me - or perhaps the fact that I do not like milk does it ?? But it looks so pretty before blended!

    ReplyDelete